Mexico City, Mexico, July 27, 2021— Mexican airport operator Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte, S.A.B. de C.V., known as OMA (NASDAQ: OMAB; BMV: OMA), today reported its unaudited, consolidated financial and operating results for the second quarter 2021 (2Q21).
- Passenger traffic increased 679% as compared to 2Q20, reaching 4.5 million passengers, and decreased 23.9% as compared to 2Q19. The airports with the highest traffic recovery compared to 2Q19 were Mazatlán, Durango, Reynosa, Ciudad Juárez and Culiacán.
- Adjusted EBITDA was Ps.1,308 million, which compares to Ps.25 million in 2Q20, and was 9.2% lower than in 2Q19.
- Adjusted EBITDA margin reached 74.7%, as compared to 7.3% in 2Q20 and 73.9% in 2Q19.
- Capital investments and major maintenance works included in the Master Development Plans (MDPs) plus strategic investments were Ps.482 million for the quarter.
Miranda Newswire – Full Press Release: Download PDF
This report may contain forward-looking information and statements. Forward-looking statements are statements that are not historical facts. These statements are only predictions based on our current information and expectations and projections about future events. Forward-looking statements may be identified by the words “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “target,” “estimate,” or similar expressions. While OMA’s management believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, investors are cautioned that forward-looking information and statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties, many of which are difficult to predict and are generally beyond the control of OMA, that could cause actual results and developments to differ materially from those expressed in, or implied or projected by, the forward-looking information and statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, those discussed in our most recent annual report filed on Form 20-F under the caption “Risk Factors.” OMA undertakes no obligation to update publicly its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte, S.A.B. de C.V., known as OMA, operates 13 international airports in nine states of central and northern Mexico. OMA’s airports serve Monterrey, Mexico’s third largest metropolitan area, the tourist destinations of Acapulco, Mazatlán, and Zihuatanejo, and nine other regional centers and border cities. OMA also operates the NH Collection Hotel inside Terminal 2 of the Mexico City airport and the Hilton Garden Inn at the Monterrey airport. OMA employs over 1,000 persons in order to offer passengers and clients airport and commercial services in facilities that comply with all applicable international safety and security measures. OMA is listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange (OMA) and on the NASDAQ Global Select Market (OMAB). For more information, visit:
• Web Page (http://ir.oma.aero)
• Twitter (http://twitter.com/OMAeropuertos)
• Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/OMAeropuertos)
Investor Relations Contact Details