Mexico City, July 26, 2021, Coca-Cola FEMSA, S.A.B. de C.V. (BMV: KOF UBL, NYSE: KOF) (“Coca-Cola FEMSA”, “KOF” or the “Company”), the largest Coca-Cola franchise bottler in the world by sales volume, announces results for the second quarter and the first six months of 2021.
SECOND QUARTER OPERATIONAL AND FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Consolidated volumes increased 9.1% as compared to the second quarter of 2020 and 1.3% as compared to the same period of 2019. This increase was driven by volume growth across all of our territories as a result of solid execution, coupled with economic reopening and increased mobility across our markets.
- Total revenues increased 10.9%, comparable revenues increased 19.2%. This increase was driven mainly by volume growth, coupled with pricing initiatives and favorable price-mix effects. These effects were partially offset by unfavorable currency translation. Total revenues remained flat as compared to the same period of 2019.
- Operating income increased 41.3%, while comparable operating income increased 44.1%. This increase was driven mainly by cost and expense efficiencies, coupled with favorable price-mix effects and raw material hedging initiatives. Additionally, we recognized a positive extraordinary effect of Ps. 1,083 million, driven by the resumption of the recognition of tax credits in Brazil related to the Manaus Free Trade Zone. These effects were partially offset by the normalization of certain operating expenses and unfavorable currency hedging positions. Operating income increased 14.4% as compared to the same period of 2019.
- Majority net income increased 56.8%, driven mainly by operating income growth, coupled with a decline in other non-operating expenses related to impairments of Ps. 903 million recognized during the same period of the previous year.
- Earnings per share1 were Ps. 0.20 (Earnings per unit were Ps. 1.58 and per ADS were Ps. 15.79.).
1Quarterly earnings / outstanding shares. Earnings per share (EPS) were calculated using 16,806.7 million shares outstanding. For the convenience of the reader, as a KOFUBL Unit is comprised of 8 shares (3 Series B shares and 5 Series L shares), earnings per unit are equal to EPS multiplied by 8. Each ADS represents 10 KOFUBL Units.
Miranda Newswire – Full Press Release: Download PDF
Investor Relations Contact Details
Forward Looking Statements
All of the financial information presented in this report was prepared under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
This news release may contain forward-looking statements concerning Coca-Cola FEMSA’s future performance, which should be considered as good faith estimates by Coca-Cola FEMSA. These forward-looking statements reflect management’s expectations and are based upon currently available data. Actual results are subject to future events and uncertainties, many of which are outside Coca-Cola FEMSA’s control, which could materially impact the Company’s actual performance. References herein to “US$” are to United States dollars. This news release contains translations of certain Mexican peso amounts into U.S. dollars for the convenience of the reader. These translations should not be construed as representations that Mexican peso amounts actually represent such U.S. dollars amounts or could be converted into U.S. dollars at the rate indicated.
About the Company
Stock listing information: Mexican Stock Exchange, Ticker: KOFUBL | NYSE (ADS), Ticker: KOF | Ratio of KOFUBL to KOF = 10:1
Coca-Cola FEMSA files reports, including annual reports and other information with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, or the “SEC,” and the Mexican Stock Exchange (Bolsa Mexicana de Valores, or the “BMV”) pursuant to the rules and regulations of the SEC (that apply to foreign private issuers) and of the BMV. Filings we make electronically with the SEC and the BMV are available to the public on the Internet at the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov, the BMV’s website at www.bmv.com.mx, and our website at www.coca-colafemsa.com.
Coca-Cola FEMSA, S.A.B. de C.V. is the largest Coca-Cola franchise bottler in the world by sales volume. The Company produces and distributes trademark beverages of The Coca-Cola Company, offering a wide portfolio of 129 brands to a population of more than 265 million. With over 80 thousand employees, the Company markets and sells approximately 3.3 billion unit cases through close to 2 million points of sale a year. Operating 49 manufacturing plants and 268 distribution centers, Coca-Cola FEMSA is committed to generating economic, social, and environmental value for all of its stakeholders across the value chain. The Company is a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Emerging Markets Index, Dow Jones Sustainability MILA Pacific Alliance Index, FTSE4Good Emerging Index, and the Mexican Stock Exchange’s IPC and Social Responsibility and Sustainability Indices, among others. Its operations encompass franchise territories in Mexico, Brazil, Guatemala, Colombia, and Argentina, and, nationwide, in Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama, Uruguay, and Venezuela through its investment in KOF Venezuela. For further information, please visit www.coca-colafemsa.com.