This week, we are coming back to our ESG Development Heatmaps updates, turning to the Mexican Consumer Staples and Healthcare sectors. As we have always done, we focused only on (1) companies listed on the Mexican stock exchanges (BMV and BIVA) and (2) publicly disclosed materials.
Source: Publicly available company materials
What can we read from these heatmaps?
- Soriana received its first CDP score for the 2022 reporting year.
- Chedraui started reporting SASB indicators.
- All companies, except for Gigante, published their 2022 sustainability and/or integrated report.
- There were no changes from any of these companies between the 2021 and 2022 reporting seasons.
- Médica Sur has not published a sustainability report since 2019.
There wasn’t much improvement in these two sectors over the past year. It was good to see Chedraui and Soriana strengthen their reporting by aligning with more internationally recognized standards than in 2022. In Healthcare, Genomma Lab maintained its clear advantage over its peers, but without much improvement.
I hope you found this interesting. As usual, if there is anything we can help you with, or if there is an ESG topic you would like to know more about, please let us know.
CEO, Miranda ESG
Contacts at Miranda Partners